OK, I’ll admit it. I have a sweet tooth for celebrity gossip. It’s not big enough that I subscribe to magazines detailing the lives of the stars, but I do spend some time online each day reading up on what actors and singers are doing when they’re not on set.
Here are 10 of my favorite celebrity gossip blogs:
1. The Superficial has all of the best celebrity gossip and pictures. This site has a snarky edge that makes for enjoyable reading, which filters down to the reader comments. The Superficial features nude pictures of celebrities when available, although they are censored unless you click through. Stars in bikinis often rank high and regularly on this site.
2. I Don’t Like You In That Way was started by a former poster on The Superficial. The blogs have a bit of a rivalry going on, in part because the content is virtually the same. However, I tend to think the humor in the posts is done better on this spin off site. The two sites often have different pictures of the celebrities with the same stories, so both are worth checking out.
3. Go Fug Yourself is celebrity gossip on fashion. This women-run site features pictures of the best and worst of celebrity fashion by current and less-well-known stars. Every March, the blog has “Fug Madness” to determine who the worst-dressed celebrity is for the year. Well worth a read.
4. Awful Plastic Surgery keeps a close eye on the worst plastic work on celebs. Looking at this blog, you’ll realize that it isn’t just you who thinks some starlets have changed their face or bodies in the last five years. Although Awful Plastic Surgery has been threatened to remove posts in the past because they insinuated that stars had work done, they seem to be genuinely on the mark about who has had work done and who hasn’t.
5. Celebrity Baby Blog is celeb news plus their kids. I’m fascinated by celebrity children, and this site has plenty of them. CBB features the occasional interview with a star, mommy tips, a date of birth calendar and more. This blog does a terrific job being the first to know who’s pregnant, who was just born and what their names are.
6. People Magazine has plenty of good gossip online. The site regularly updates its stories and show the most-viewed, which is a great list for those who need a quick primer on celebrity news. People also has been posting older articles in its From the Archive feature, which is a great flashback and helpful for those who want background on current stars.
7. Perez Hilton. Surely you’ve heard that name. Perez is famous for doodling on pictures of the famous, usually adding white powder to noses or white liquids to mouths. His brand of snark is more mellow but enjoyable. This is a good basic site for news on celebs in reality shows, catwalks, TV/movies and Capitol Hill (on occasion).
8. Watch With Kristin is a blog devoted to TV, although much of it has to do with reality programs. Kristin seems to get the first interview when contestants are eliminated and actors are pregnant. This site also is great for general TV gossip and sneak peaks at shows.
9. British Royal Wedding is the best site to keep an eye on Princes William and Harry, as well as other European royals. The wedding watch always is on for the princes, and tales of the princesses and their partying ways rank high on this site.
10. TMZ has a great overall look at celebrity news. Unlike other blogs, TMZ tracks down court documents and follows criminal cases for celebs as well as watches their regular comings and goings.