Here is a look at a mock NBA Draft for 2009. With the NBA Playoffs in progress, the NBA draft is just around the corner. Compare my mock draft to one of your own.
1. Sacramento- Blake Griffin PF Oklahoma
Blake Griffin was the best college player in 2009 and possesses all of the skills to become an all star at the NBA level. Sacramento would love to have the opportunity to select Blake Griffin.
2. Washington- Hasheem Thabeet C UCONN
Thabeet is 7’3″ and is a force on the defensive side of the court. He struggles some with offense but his game should come around. Washington would love to have the first pick in the draft and take Blake Griffin but will settle for Thabeet if they select here.
3. LA Clippers- Ricky Rubio PG Spain
Ricky Rubio has been compared to a young Steve Nash. Rubio is 18 and loaded with potential. Expect him to come off the board early in the 2009 NBA draft just like he did in this mock draft.
4. Oklahoma City- Earl Clark SF Louisville
With the fourth pick in the 2009 Mock NBA Draft the Oklahoma City Thunder select……. Earl Clark out of Louisville.
Oklahoma City hopes for a Danny Granger type player who will be able to handle the ball, score and rebound.
5. Minnesota- Jordan Hill PF Arizona
Jordan Hill improved his game tremendously in his Junior season and should make a solid NBA Player. Expect him to go in the lottery just as he did in this mock draft.
6. Memphis- Demar Derozan SG USC
Memphis will take Derozan at this slot who is leaving UCS after just one season. Derozan is a little raw but has explosive NBA future dunk champion type of hops.
7. Golden State- Gerald Henderson SF Duke
Henderson is a hard nosed player that likes to drive it to the hoop. He is a top notch athlete who will find a way to score the ball. Henderson is a borderline lottery pick in the 2009 NBA draft but he found his way to the lottery in this mock draft.
8. New York- Stephen Curry PG Davidson
Stephen Curry is a pure shooter and scorer. Expect him to find a way to score at the NBA level although he will be a defensive liability.
9. Toronto- Tyreke Evans SG Memphis
Diaper Dandy Evans jumps to NBA after just one season at Memphis. He has a chance to go in the lottery and did so in my mock 2009 NBA draft.
10. Milwaukee- James Harden SG Arizona State
Harden is another athlete and will find himself a solid NBA player who should be able to contribute right away.
Picks 11-20 in Mock NBA Draft for 2009:
11. New Jersey- Ty Lawson PG North Carolina
12. Charlotte- Chase Budinger SF Arizona
13. Indiana- Jonny Flynn PG Syracuse
14. Phoenix- Brandon Jennings PG
15. Detroit- Patrick Mills PG St. Mary’s
16. Chicago- James Johnson SF Wake Forest
17. Philadelphia- Jeff Teague PG Wake Forest
18. Minnesota- BJ Mullens C Ohio State
19. Atlanta- Dejuan Blair PF Pittsburgh
20. Utah- Wayne Ellington SG North Carolina
Picks 21-30 in 2009 Mock NBA Draft
21. New Orleans- Taj Gibson USC
22. Dallas Patrick Patterson- PF Kentucky
23. Sacramento- Gani Lawal PF Georgia Tech
24. Portland- Jrue Holiday SG UCLA
25. Oklahoma City- Derrick Brown SF Xavier
26. Chicago- Sam Young SF Pittsburgh
27. Memphis- Terrence Williams SF Louisville
28. Minnesota- Dejuan Summers SF Georgetown
29. LA Lakers- Omri Casspi SF Israel
30. Cleveland Tyler Hansbrough PF North Carolina
That concludes the 2009 mock NBA draft. Please leave feedback on what you liked and didn’t like or your own mock draft.