1. When I was 16 I was in the hospital for about 2 months and came very close to death. I actually felt myself start to leave my body. They had 16 doctors working on my case and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. I had the most bizarre symptoms, and then… they just went away…
2. I’ve been a Christian since I was 7 and walked with the Lord until I was 16 and got mad at Him because He let me get so sick. (Doesn’t make sense to me now, because I should have praised Him for healing me.) Then I backslid until I was 21 and did a bunch of really bad things that were against everything I believed in.
3. I started going to Calvary Chapel 4 years ago, got my walk with the Lord right, and am more in love with Him than ever.
4. I think love is the solution to every problem. It does not keep record of wrong, it casts out fear, it puts others first, it is not rude or proud, it protects others, trusts, hopes, and never fails.
5. I trust people easily and wear my heart on my sleeve.
6. I like to invite everyone everywhere and trust God to open up the people’s schedules who are meant to be there, and tie up the schedules of those who aren’t. The thought of someone feeling left out or rejected breaks my heart because I know how much it hurts.
7. I am often misunderstood, but God has been teaching me that He is my defender and that He brings the truth to the light – always – just in His perfect timing
8. Breaking up with Tommy was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. That was my Gethsemane when I finally broke down and said not my will but let Your will be done.
9. I love music and analyzing song lyrics. Any song that I say I love means that I can relate to it in one-way or another.
10. The songs: Leaving on a Jet Plane, One More Time, Say Goodbye, Those Nights, Africa, How’s It Gonna Be, Whatever It Takes, Dream Girl, Heaven, Voice of Truth, and Build Me Up Buttercup, immediately take me back to another place and time.
11. My parents split up 6 times before they got divorced; I was 17.
12. My dad is the funniest and most entertaining person I know.
13. My mom is my best friend.
14. I do not trust my own heart and take everything I feel to prayer. In a way I am afraid of my own emotions, and continually ask God to align my heart with His will for my life.
15. Writing is my favorite hobby. I can relate to all of my MLH characters in one way or another, even the atrocious ones.
16. Catan is my favorite board game but I’ve had to take a hiatus from it because it brings out my ugly competitive flesh.
17. I think loving someone has nothing to do with the way they respond to you or the way they feel about you. I think it is what we are called to do and God equips us to do it.
18. I think any problem or burden that brings me to my knees is a blessing.
19. My step-father was given 7 months to live in September of 2007 with inoperable pancreatic cancer… It has been 17 months and his cancer has not spread (and he isn’t doing treatment) – PRAISE GOD!
20. I love deeply and forgive easily.
21. God lays a lot of people on my heart to pray for. So if you are part of my life, chances are I have prayed for you in the past month.
22. I have a heavy burden for the lost, especially the youth.
23. If something is bothering me I like to talk it out and not let things build up. I hate animosity, tension, and strife.
24. Prov 3:5-6, Psalm 37:4-5, Isaiah 64:4, Psalm 62 & 2 Cor 12:7-10 mean a lot to me.
25. I’m a wretched sinner saved by grace.