Looking for a great Mother’s day gift? Historically what has America been purchasing on Mother’s Day? Here are the top ten Mother’s Day purchases and gifts in America.
1. The number one gift item on Mother’s Day is a special outing. The restaurants are crowded so call for reservations and plan ahead adding in the additional wait time. Consider your mother’s favorite foods as well as who will be in attendance when choosing the restaurant for this special outing.
2. The number two most popular item purchased is Jewelry. Check the local papers for great sales. Watches, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, gold, silver….the list seems endless. Consider the jewelery that your Mother typically prefers and choose an item that can be worn on with attire that already exists in her wardrobe.
3. The third favorite gift to give is flowers. If there is a distance between you and your mother this is a great way to send your love. This is a great gift to bring with you when you visit with your mother on Mother’s Day.
4. The fourth most popular gift is a gift card. Choose a store that you know that your mother frequents or prefers. The favorite amounts range from 50.00 on up.
5. The fifth most popular gift is a greeting card. Send it in the mail or hand deliver it with a kiss and a smile. Keep in mind the commercial where the person receiving the card flips it over to see the name brand on the back. Yes, the price and brand do make a difference.
6. The sixth most popular Mother’s Day Gift is professional personal treatment such as a nail salon, a day at the spa, or beauty salon treatment. Pay attention to your Mother’s personality and desires when making this type of purchase. A mom who has never cared if her nails were painted will not appreciate a full set of artificial nail tips!
7. The seventh most popular Mother’s Day gift is electronics or a computer related gift. Some great ideas in this category are a Ipod shuffle (price range $50.00), a portable DVD player, or a laptop computer (great for a long distance mother/set her up with a Facebook page and email address for easy updates and daily communication.)
8. The eighth most popular Mother’s Day gift is a book or a CD. Choose from gardening books and cookbooks to fiction novels that she may sit and enjoy. Remember choose what your mother enjoys not what you would like her to enjoy. Music Cd’s or even audio books are also a great gift idea. Again consider her taste in music.
9. The ninth most popular Mother’s Day gift is a house ware item or gardening tools. Choose a house ware item that will make her life easier. Do not choose a bread machine if she has never made mention of one. Do not choose a juicer because you have one. Choose what she would like.
10. The tenth most popular Mother’s Day Gift is clothing or clothing accessories. Choose something from your Mother’s favorite store and remove the price but keep the tags on it and place the gift store receipt inside for easy exchange.
This concludes the ten most popular Mother’s Day gift selections. Which will you choose? Choose a gift that you feel good about giving and that you know will touch your mother’s heart.