Money is tight for almost everyone these days, and the last person we want to suffer from absence of funding is our little ones -especially when their birthday comes up. Surprisingly, planning a little boy’s birthday party on a budget isn’t impossible. Keep in mind that most of the quality things in life are free, like sunshine, fresh air, and laughter. As long as your little one is surrounded by friends and family on his birthday, he should have a great time. Here are ten fun-filled birthday party ideas for boys on a budget
Where to go?
1. Go to the public park! Most parks are equipped with benches and grills. You just have to supply the food and the people to enjoy it.
2. You could even try a backyard barbeque. It’s a little easier to co-ordinate, but the clean-up isn’t fun. Still, you’d have the comfort of your own home, and it’s easier to trust the sanitation of your own bathroom than those used by the general public.
3. Those who are really into water sports, might opt for a celebration at the lake. Lakes are fun, and lakes are free, but be sure there are enough responsible adults around to make sure the kids are safe.
4. If the weather in your area doesn’t permit outdoor activities, have it indoors in your home, or in a family member or friends home.
What to eat?
5. When it comes to cheap birthday party ideas, the All-American hot dog tops the list. Hamburgers are relatively inexpensive also. And if you are looking for a cheap side dish, bring a macaroni salad.
6. You could also request your guests to bring things like napkins, paper plates, plastic silverware, drinks, and side dishes.
What about cake?
7. You don’t have to be a master decorator to make a suitable birthday cake. Cake can be made and decorated at home. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfect. It’s the taste and the thought that count.
8. Kids love clowns, and it can be expensive to hire a professional. In this case, YOU be the clown! If you can think ahead, and remember to take advantage of after-season specials, like when Halloween clown make-up goes on sale, you will be fully prepared for this endeavor. As for fun activities, you could try making ballon animals. The web is full of sites with instructions, and instructional videos for this project.
Don’t forget the decorations!
9. Birthday parties for boys on a budget wouldn’t be complete until we’ve discussed the decorations. It’s easy to stop by your local party supply store and spend $60 or more on party theme supplies. But you don’t have to go that route to have a festive birthday party. Go to the dollar store to buy streamers and balloons.
10. As for the theme, buy a poster! Just because your child loves Spongebob square pants, doesn’t mean you have to buy balloons with pictures of Spongebob on them. Just buy yellow balloons. If you are a good enough artist, or know someone who is, have character(s) drawn onto your balloons.
Inexpensive birthday parties for boys are definitely possible. You just need to plan ahead, and focus on fun and activities, as opposed to picking out pricey props or favors.sunshine, fresh air, and laughter. As long as your little one is surrounded by friends and family on his birthday, he should have a great time. Here are ten fun-filled birthday party ideas for boys
on a budget