Dave Burke Real Talk is a debt elimination program that offers nationwide financial freedom workshops, or seminars, that people usually learn about after hearing Dave Burke on his twice-weekly Real Talk radio programs. If you’ve clicked on this article, you’ve probably heard Dave Burke’s Real Talk program on the air, and/or attended a Real Talk seminar on wiping out debt.
I had written four articles about Dave Burke’s Real Talk show, based on hearing the show many times, but before I attended a Real Talk Dave Burke debt elimination seminar. My four articles explore the way Dave Burke, and his Real Talk sidekick, present their program on the air, and speculate how the Dave Burke Real Talk debt elimination coaching could “wipe out all your debt in months.” As a result of my Real Talk Dave Burke articles, many people have posted comments.
Below I have copied and pasted portions of the negative comments (I did not correct spelling and punctuation mistakes). Is Dave Burke’s Real Talk financial freedom coaching legitimate? Does Real Talk debt elimination coaching really work? You be the judge, especially since some of the comments are positive, which I’ve compiled right here.
Article name: Real Talk Dave Burke Debt Elimination Secret Revealed
1. Miracle software and a shell game. I have a Masters in Business and this was the most insulting presentation I have ever been to. People will be suckered into this program from a state of fear. Believe me when I tell you that it’s crap. I already know I can borrow money against my retirement to pay off debt. Save yourself a couple of hours and figure out how to cut costs in your life. Downsize and negotiate directly with your Credit card and mortgage companies. They are all eager to help during the Obama Economy.
2. They say that you can pay of a $400,000 mortgage in 4 years. Even if the bank lent you money at 0%, it would take $100,000 per year to pay it off. What happens if you dont make that amount of money. How about the people who have no money but eliminated $20,000 in credit card debt in days. How does borrowing from your 401K sound. Sounds stupid, since your 401K is exempt from BK.
Article Name: Real Talk Dave Burke: Debt Elimination Workshops Sound Fishy
1. I understand that people can use good coaching to help get rid of debt but it is dishonest to say someone can eliminate $20,000 is debt in one day when they dont have any cash in the bank. This is completely deceptive.
2. …went to the financial workshop and just like the radio show they told us everything it wasnt but not what it was. no pressure, please! you can be out of debt with a program you dont know anything about if you pay them $2000 before you leave the seminar. then and only then you might know their program
3. …they took my money and when I tried to get the help they promised I got nothing. I would call and be promised a call back only to find myself waiting for a call that never came. I attempted numerous times to get help, but all I got was lies. My next step is court. Maybe I might get my money back.DON;T BELEIVE THE HYPE..THEY ARE LIARS!!!! Understand that there were people who statedd the got help but I live in Co and I can tell you that people that i called at the office all lied to me.
Article Name: Financial Freedom Workshops with Dave Burke Real Talk: Legitimate or Bunko?
1. These guys will be shut down one day. I went to the seminar.
2. I wnet to the siminar, and signed up for it (foolishly),i could not down load there free info that cost $1997.00, called, e-mailed for help–NOTHING. I called to cancel and to have the charges taken off my credit card. All i got was double and how great this plan is, and they are so busy. I finally said to Mr Jackson that if I didn’t get my money back I would attend the next seminar and tell everyone what a scam this is and the trouble I had. I have now had to disput the charges with my credit card company. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! DUMB IN DENVER
Article Name: Mortgage Acceleration Software: Free Offer from Real Talk Dave Burke
1. The speaker (read: salesman) played on our emotions and tried to get the audience members excited. He did present a small example of their process but he went through it so fast, and then erased it off the white board so fast, it was difficult to make sense of it. It appeared the process had to do with using your credit cards, personal lines of credit, any 401(K) money, and any other credit instrument to pay off your debts.
It struck me as a shell game with your money, and they are trying to hide your money from you. The speaker’s goal was to get people excited and emotional about being debt free and then drop the sales pitch on us. The program costs $1,997. There were few specifics given, just enough to be enticing. I got the impression the only way to get the full picture was to sign up and pay, and then they would let you in on the secret.
2. After hearing that they wanted $1,800.00 to stay and find out more. I stupidly put a $400.00 deposit down with the assurance that it was refundable if my spouse was not on board with the program. Well she wasn’t and have been trying in vain to get my money refunded.