When you decorate the rooms of a house, a restaurant, or an office, there’s more that goes into it than just the furniture. Attention to the walls of a room is just as important as what is placed inside the room. The traditional way to dress up the walls of a room is with pictures or wallpaper. Today, a wall painting is a new way to decorate a room.
A wall painting is a painting on a wall. It is often custom designed to match the type of room of where it is located. You can attempt to create a wall painting on your own, but that is not advised unless you are an artist. A painting on a wall is a permanent feature that will be loved for years to come. Therefore, it is important that the design is created by a professional artist.
What type of wall painting should you choose? It depends on the room. A girl’s room can feature a wall painting of a ballerina scene or a tea party scene. A boy’s may have a baseball scene or planets and astronauts.
A wall painting is great for other rooms, too. Perhaps you have a love of the sea? A seaside scene in a family room might be an idea. Maybe you enjoy the look of a flower garden? A professional artist can create the look of a flower garden on the wall of your bathroom.
A wall painting can be a creative touch for a professional location as well. For example, an Italian restaurant could benefit from a wall painting of an Italian countryside or vineyard.
The best way to find opportunities to decorate a room with a wall painting is to look online. You will find that a number of artists who specialize in paintings for the wall have websites.
Tips for looking for a wall painting artist?
1. Does the artist have a website? Unless the artist is a friend of the family, or you know him or her really well, you’re starting from scratch. A website is one of the first ways to determine if someone is a professional. On the website, the artist should feature photos of a number of examples of their work.
2. Does the artist have references? Even though the artist has photos of his or her work, one or two references is always a good idea.
3. Check around for the best hiring price, but don’t base your decision on who is cheapest. Sometimes a good artist may charge more than someone else. If their work is superb, the extra cost may be worth it.
4. Does the artist listen to what you say, but also offer some recommendations? Even if you know exactly what you want, you’re going to want to listen to the artist’s recommendations.
5. Determine a timeline of when the work will be done. You don’t want to be staring at an unfinished wall painting a year from now. You can’t rush art, but you can expect a reasonable timeline.