Women’s raincoats have changed a great deal in the past few years. Raincoats are now not only for keeping you dry but they are a fashion statement as well. Women’s rain jackets now come in a wide range of colors, fabrics and styles to suit any taste. The best rain jackets are those that have waterproof fabric and sealed seams for warmth and comfort. Many women’s rain jackets are also lined with fleece for comfort and warmth. The best rain jackets for women will have zippered pockets for storage of items to keep them handy and dry. Below are several examples of the best women’s rain jackets for this season.
1. You may not think of a ski jacket as a raincoat; however, there are some that make excellent raincoats because they are lightweight and waterproof. The Marmot Women’s Strato Shell Jacket is a wonderful women’s raincoat because it is durable and has waterproof fabric. With an attached adjustable hood, this jacket is perfect for protecting you in the rain. The pockets have water resistant zippers to keep items dry and safe. The average retail price is $140; however, Ski Chalet has it on sale for $104.93.
2. Cecil Gee Women’s Fleece-lined Hood Rain Jacket is a wonderful women’s raincoat and a bargain at just $45 at Overstock.com today. This jacket comes in brown, black and olive and has a detachable fleece-lined hood. The waterproof jacket keeps you dry and warm during the storm.
3. L.L. Bean has a fabulous women’s raincoat that is stylish, sporty and waterproof. The H2Off Rain Jacket comes in six gorgeous colors and in misses regular, misses petite and women’s regular sizes. The waterproof fabric is also wrinkle resistant to help you look your best when you are running in and out of the rain. Prices range from $129 to $139 depending on the size you select but the quality and durability of these raincoats make the price very worthwhile.
4. If you are looking for a designer women’s raincoat, then look no further than Bloomingdales. The Hilary Radley Women’s Hooded Rain Jacket is a really beautiful jacket that has a shawl collar which converts into a hood. Pleated shoulders and front gives this jacket a classic design that is perfect for any wardrobe. It comes in black and magenta in sizes 2 through 16 and averages between $260 and $370 in price.
5. If you are an outdoors person and need a durable raincoat, look no further than the Cabela’s Women’s Alaskan Rain Jacket. This great water resistant raincoat comes in three fashionable colors and will keep you dry while you enjoy the outdoors. The jacket has everything you need for being outdoors in the rain: a full zipper, seam-sealed, inner pocket, two lined pockets for warning your hands and a cinch cord around the bottom for a snug fit. The two chest pockets have zippers to keep items dry. The regular price is $60 but Cabela’s has this great women’s raincoat on sale for $44.88 at the current time.