Deer hunting is a great outdoor sport which attracts both men and women. The following are some of the basic techniques and tips that the deer hunters should know about deer hunting.
1. Find out the best places where you can hunt in. check the area by taking a walk through the woods and look for deer signs. If you find more deer signs like deer trails, scrapes, deer droppings etc, then that area is active for deer hunting.
2. In the country side, if you want to hunt on somebody’s land where you can find active bucks, then you need to get permission from that land owner and take the permission in writing.
3. It is always advisable to choose two areas to hunt as you can move between the two.
4. Purchase terrain maps and topographic quadrangle from the hunting and camping shops from the areas you opted to hunt, so that you can make a note of all the deer signs.
5. While hunting, wear a blazed vest or orange cap so that the other hunters can see you from a distance.
6. Make sure that you are familiar with the hunting weapon that you choose and its safety requirements.
7. Practice shooting with your hunting weapon for different positions so that you can develop some accuracy.
8. According to http://www.deerhuntingtips.biz, the following are the tips that need to be taken while choosing the hunting weapon:
-If you choose rifle as your weapon, then the rifle should be between .243 caliber and larger and the shooting range is less than or equal to 100 yards for women and for men less than or equal to 150 yards.
-If bows are used as hunting weapon, then the bows should be at least 45 pound pull and the shooting range is usually less than or equal to 30 yards.
-If black powder weapons are used, they should be .45 caliber and higher and the shooting range while using them is usually from 60 to 80 yards.
-If shotguns are used, shotguns should be a specialized 12 gauge ‘slug’ gun with a rifled barrel and modem ‘sabot’ type slugs. As such type of shotguns can give you better accuracy and range. The shooting range while shotguns slugs are used is usually less than or equal to 60 yards.
-Always make sure that you choose the right weapon and shoot within your comfortable range.
9. Never try to shoot a deer while it is running.
10. Wear some camouflage clothing which can be blaze orange so that you can be invisible to the deer and visible to other hunters. Bow hunters by wearing camouflage clothing can get closer to the deer as deer are color blind.
11. As mentioned in http://www.deerhuntingtips.biz, try to hide your scent with the different scent covering products. Some cover up products like the attractant not only covers your scent but also sends out an odor that can bring the deer near you.
12. During dim light conditions, to make yourself recognized as a human being, carry a small flashlight.
13. Make sure to know what is beyond your target.
14. While or before shooting, avoid consuming alcoholic beverages.
15. When the shooting weapons are not in use, better to unload them.