Tea is one of the world’s oldest drinks and is also considered extremely healthy. Tea is a common drink and is consumed by almost everyone. It is acclaimed to be the greatest drink in the world and has a massive fan base. Tea drinkers and tea lovers are almost anywhere and everywhere. So, with tea being around with us so much and for so long, it is really not our fault when we spill it on our clothes. Tea stains are considered hard to get rid of by many but they can actually be removed easily. Here are some easy and effective ways to get rid of tea stains from your clothes.
1. Many of you may not know this but beer is very effective at removing tea stains off fabric. Just pour a little a beer over the stained area and rub gently using a rag or a piece of cotton. Repeat if necessary till the stain is completely gone. Then wash as usual.
2. Cotton clothes are magnets when it comes to dirt and tea is no exception. To remove tea stains off cotton clothes, use a little white vinegar or salt in the affected area. Scrub gently and repeat again if necessary.
3. Use lemon juice on the stains. Pour a generous amount of lemon juice on the stained area and wash gently. Lemon has great bleaching properties and it removes stains caused by agents such as tea very efficiently and quickly.
4. Take a little amount of bleaching powder and dilute it in water. Now pour the solution over the stained area and wash off quickly.
WARNING: This method must be used only as a last resort; bleaching powder may damage the clothes. Also, remember to prepare a rather dilute solution. And NEVER use this method on colored clothes; it is best used on white or light colored clothes.
5. If there is a stain in rather difficult places like a carpet, try using peroxide. Peroxide is a common reagent available in many stores and medical shops. Spray the peroxide on the stained area and leave it to act on the stain. Check the progress after an hour or so. If the stain still remains, spray a little more and wait till the stain completely disappears. Then, use a mild solution of detergent or soap to wash off the area to see your stain completely gone.
So there you have it, five effective and handy ways to get rid of tea stains. So enjoy tea and never let the stains get in between you and your love for tea. And if you are wondering why fabric latches no to tea so quickly, well, come on! Everyone loves tea!