Music can play an important part of any graduation ceremony, whether it is a college, high school, middle school, kindergarten or a preschool graduation. Songs may be played while those graduating walk down the aisle, played for a reflection period with or without a slide show, sung by the graduating class, or during a party afterwards. Graduates may want something modern or classic, but whatever the song, it should reflect the proper tone. Below are my pick for the 10 top graduation songs.
1. “Extraordinary” by Mandy Moore is a fantastic song for graduation. This song may be used for college, high school or middle school graduations. This song reflects the possibilities of what the future holds.
2. “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong is an older song, but a true classic. This song could be used for any graduation ceremony. This song reflects on just enjoying the day.
3. “My Generation”by The Who is a fun, upbeat song about who kids are today. This song is perfect for college, high school or middle school. It is best played during a slide show at a graduation or during a time when the students are talking about their current history.
4. “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart is a great choice for college or high school graduations. It’s a song that talks about the future with good luck and wishes for happiness.
5. “We Can Move the World” by Joe Crone is another wonderful choice for graduation. This song talks about moving on and the limitless possibilities of the future. It would work for any type of graduation.
6. “We Are One” by Delta Goodrem also makes an excellent choice for a graduation song. This song works for college, high school or middle school. We are One talks about having spent time in the past and how to look forward to the future.
7. “We’ve Only Just Begun” by Run Kid Run talks about moving forward in life and having a bright future. This is an excellent graduation song for either college, high school or middle school.
8. “Whenever You Remember” by Carrie Underwood is a great college, high school, or middle school graduation song. This song talks about the wonderful bonds and experiences that have been had together.
9. “Graduation” by vitamin C is a simply named song about graduation. It lends itself towards a high school graduation. It talks about leaving behind childhood and becoming an adult.
10. “I’ve had the Time of my Life” from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack would be an excellent choice for college, high school or middle school graduations. This is a wonderful choice to talk about having had a past that is full of great memories that connects you to someone else.
There are many other wonderful songs out there for graduation, but the ten listed are bold, fun and mostly unique choices for graduation.