Here are 10 household items you might never think of cleaning!
1. Light Bulbs! Light bulbs get very dusty. If you clean them they will give you more light! You can wipe the dust off a light bulb with a dry rag while it’s in the socket (make sure the light is turned off so it’s not hot). If the light bulb is very dirty unscrew it and wipe it with a damp rag then wipe it completely dry. Then screw it back in the socket. Don’t forget about those ceiling fan lights too! Porch lights should also be cleaned regularly to keep your outside area well lit.
2. Combs and Brushes! Combs and brushes get very dirty and oily! Run a comb through your hair brushes to remove all the hair. Then soak the combs and brushes in a container or sink filled with hot water and 1/2 cup of ammonia. Let them soak for about 30 minutes. Then rinse the combs and brushes and let them air dry.
3. Telephones! Spray a cloth with window cleaner and wipe down your telephone! You can spray the end of a cotton swab to get between the number keys.
4. Toothbrushes! Drop a denture tablet in a glass of water and put your toothbrushes in the solution to soak overnight! The next morning just rinse the toothbrushes before using them.
5. Remote Control! Spray a soft cloth with window cleaner and wipe down your remote control. If you want to give it a really good cleaning and keep it running smoothly take out the batteries and look in that compartment for a small screw. Take that screw out and slide the top of your remote control completely off. You will now be able to lift and remove the number pad. Wipe the surface under the number pad with a soft dry cloth then reassemble the remote. It will work like new!
6. Pillows! Everyone knows you must wash your pillow cases but you should wash your pillows too! Remove the pillow case and toss your pillow in the washing machine and wash it in hot water. Then put it in the dryer on medium heat to dry.
7. Under Kitchen Cabinets! The underside of kitchen cabinets get greasy from cooking. Then they build up a layer of dust that sticks to the grease. So next time you wipe your counter top wipe under the cabinets too!
8. Pet Collars! Remove your pet collar and wash it! You can either throw it in the wash the next time you wash some jeans or if it’s a delicate collar just wash it by hand in the sink.
9. Welcome Mat! There is nothing welcoming about a dirty welcome mat! Just spray it with the hose and hang it to let it drip dry!
10. Steering Wheel! Keep a container of baby wipes in your vehicle and wipe off your steering wheel once in awhile! Just think of all the times you cough or sneeze while driving. That’s all over your steering wheel! Yuck!