Following is an update on the Hot News Quickies for Wednesday, July 22, 2009. This is a quick taste of what’s happening. You can always catch up on the full stories after you have had your coffee.
Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
July 22nd Birthday Folks
1928 – Orson Bean
1940 – Alex Trebek
1946 – Danny Glover
Thought for the Day – Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
“Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back.” Unknown
Newbie Tip – Hot News quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your fellow writers. We all had to learn and we all asked questions (and still do!). If it wasn’t for some of the experienced writers here on AC many of us would have thrown in the towel long ago. We have all been there, so use the knowledge and experience available to you.
Britney Spears – Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Remember her? She wants to get married again. This time to her agent, Jason Trawick. Trawick is Jewish and Britney is going to convert with the help of a Rabbi she has recruited. She said she wants to “try” being a Jew.
Trivia – Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
1. What US President said, “I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.”
2. What ethnic group built most of the early railway system in the US?
3. Do identical twins have identical finger prints?
4. How long did the 100 year war last?
5. Can alligators climb trees?
Dog Saved from Freak Show – Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Allyson Siegel of Charlotte, North Carolina bid $4,000 and won a 5 legged dog. The little Chihuahua mix puppy would have been part of a freak show called “Freaks of Nature” at Coney Island. Allyson said the dog will have the 5th leg removed in a few weeks. She will then give the dog to her sister. Big ‘AWH’ everyone!
Miscellaneous – Hot News Quickies – Wednesday, July 22, 2009
* California wants to borrow from Peter to pay Paul to get themselves out of a huge financial mess.
* Michael Jackson’s father is planning a huge birthday bash for his 80th birthday, strange way to mourn.
* Susan Boyle’s has a new look and a record coming out.
* The solar eclipse in Asia was the longest on record. It lasted 6 minutes.
* The Dow was up again yesterday for the longest positive trending in two years.
1. George Bush said he was not going to eat any more broccoli.
2. The Chinese built most of the railway system in the US.
3. No, identical twins don’t have identical finger prints.
4. The 100 year war lasted 116 years.
5. Yes, alligators can climb trees and that’s another scary thought!
The Today Show