If somebody is really interested in making money from their blog then the most important thing that they need is a serious flow of traffic. If you want the traffic to flow in with as high of a volume as possible then what you need to do is to write a few informative posts on your blog so that people can get some great niche related information. It only takes a couple of high quality initial posts to get started. After you have these up Technorati is one of your best free, and passive, promotion tools.
Technorati Tags and Technorati
Technorati is for blogs, almost in the same sense that Google is search engine for websites and blogs. Currently Technorati follows over 120 million blogs across a limitless number of niches. If your blog is listed within technorati then it instantly gets tons of free exposure, with updates every time you write a new blog post. Technorati provides you with a very high flow of traffic as well as high market authority for your niche.
The process required to make your blog a Technorati blog:
1. Visit technorati.com, and then click on ‘sign up first’.
2. Next, to confirm the sign up session, you are required to visit your own email account which you used for signing up and locate the confirmation e-mail, click on the activation link inside.
3. After that log back in to Technorati, then click “Blogger Central” in order to claim your blog.
4. Then click “Claim a new blog” and enter the domain name of your blog.
5. Finally, after claiming your blog, it will be listed officially in the enormous index of Technorati for all to easily find.
That is, however, not quite the end of your Technorati story. After indexing your blog at Technorati what you have to do now is to post regularly and add Technorati tags, which will be keywords for your blog post, to each post. This allows you to attach a searchable keyword to each blog post that you write so that people may find it and so you can rank high in Technorati for your desired keyword or key phrase. In order to do this make sure to install Technorati’s free keyword, or tag, plug-in generator. This allows you to simply affix tags to your blog posts for Technorati’s benefit.
As you can see listing your blog in Technorati is incredibly easy and often overlooked. A high ranking spot for the correct keyword in Technorati can easily bring your blog post as much traffic as a good spot in Google. If you do not currently use Technorati to promote your blog then you need to start.