The Ice Road Truckers season one features the most talented truckers carrying the equipment and supplies from Yellowknife, Canada to the diamond mines near the northeast of Yellowknife which is the destination.
The notable drivers during season one are
1. Hugh Rowland who is 50 years old and has got 20-year experience of ice-road trucking.
2. Rick Yemm who is Hugh Rowland’s employee and marked his second year as an Ice Road trucker.
3. Drew Sherwood who is an Ice Road rookie and a veteran trucker.
4. Alex Debogorski who marked his 26th year as an Ice Road trucker.
5. Jay Westgard who is good at hauling over sized loads.
6. T.J. Tilcox who is an ice road rookie.
The main events, accidents etc, that are involved in the season one episodes are given as below
1. In ‘Ready To Roll’ episode, the truckers begin carrying loads across the road which is considered to be the most dangerous road in the world. In this episode the main highlights are
1. Drew is struck in a ditch, due to break trouble.
2. In whiteout conditions, T.J. makes his first ice road run.
3. Alex has to nurse his truck to its destination.
2. In the ‘Destination: Diamond Mine’ episode, due to a traffic jam, the road is stopped. The episode highlights include
1. To achieve the highest load count, Rick and Hugh begin a competition among themselves. They both face mechanical issues.
2. In his truck, T.J. loses the heat.
3. A 17-ton water tank is hauled by Jay.
3. In the ‘Dash for the Cash’ episode, a 44,000-pound diamond-ore crusher is transported by Alex.
4. In the ‘The Big Chill’ episode, a 50 ton fuel tanker is flipped over on the Ingraham Trail road, due to which the traffic was blocked on the 18th day of the season. The tanker flip pose a threat of contaminating the Yellowknife river with fuel.
5. In the ‘Midseason Mayhem’ episode, due to reckless speeding, there were blowouts on the ice road. Due to the flip down of the fuel tanker, there was a threat that the river which supplies water to an outpost may get contaminated. The main events in this episode includes
1. Todd was caught for driving over the speed limit and is banned from the ice road.
2. T.J. meets with an accident as there were no trailer brakes.
3. Due to breakdowns, Drew again ends up in the shop.
6. In the ‘Driving on Thin Ice’ episode, the main events are
1. To the De Beers diamond mine, Jay takes a 95,000-pound (43,000 kg) diamond ore scrubber.
2. T.J.’s accident was investigated.
7. In the ‘The Rookie Challenge’ episode, the main events are T.J. was taken for treatment as his previous injury flares up and Drew makes a decision to return home.
8. The main events in the episode ‘Into the Whiteout’ are
1. Special permission was granted due to the severe Arctic storm.
2. Hugh brings his friend Danny.
9. In the ‘The Big Melt’ episode, the main events are
1. In the money count, Hugh overtakes Alex drive Drew’s truck.
2. Rick confronts Hugh about the issues he is facing.
3. Jay participates in a special convoy where in vital supplies need to be taken.
10. In the final episode‘The Final Run’ , the main events are
1. Hugh meets with an accident and his truck is sideswiped by another truck. During this accident, one of the ammonium nitrate bag begins to leak.
2. Jay unloads the rock truck and heads home.
3. T.J. takes his final load and finishes his rookie season.
4. Alex takes a light load as his final load.