The social networking site Facebook offers the online gangster games, Mafia Wars and Mob Wars. Both Mafia Wars and Mob Wars are growing in popularity at a fast pace, with similarities and differences between the two games. Which one is the best?
Similarities of Mafia Wars and Mob Wars – Both Games involve:
-Assuming a good mobster alias
-Building a family of mobsters by inviting friends to join
-Doing “Jobs” to earn money which is replenished periodically (Jobs use “energy”)
-Buying and earning weapons, body armor, and vehicles for a powerful stockpile arsenal
-Fighting other families (Fighting uses “health”)
-Moving up the levels which open more jobs which pay more
-Buying properties that create income
Differences between Mafia Wars and Mob Wars:
There are several ways Mafia Wars might be considered better than Mob Wars:
1. Mafia Wars provides more ways to replenish energy than Mob Wars: In both games, new players start with a set amount of “Energy” which is used to complete “jobs”. Different jobs require different amounts of energy and specific weapons. Once energy is used up, the player must wait to play until the energy is replenished, which can take several hours.
In Mafia Wars, the energy is also replenished for completing a level, and family mobsters can send a ‘energy pack’ to one another which increases their energy by 25%. So, based on Energy features, more play time is allowed in Mafia Wars compared to Mob Wars.
2. Mafia Wars provides more points for leveling up: Each time a player has earned enough points to level up, they are awarded points. These points can be applied toward increasing their energy, health, stamina, attack and defense. Mafia Wars awards more leveling up points which allows the player to grow faster. Mob Wars gives 3 points and Mafia gives 5, therefore Mafia Wars allows players to grow their power faster! In addition, points are awarded for completion of levels within jobs.
3. Mafia Wars has more interesting weapons features: Weapons are required in both games, but more powerful weapons are available in Mafia Wars at lower levels.
4. Mafia Wars offers more jobs: There are many more types of jobs and job levels in Mafia Wars. Also, Mafia Wars awards “looted items” for certain jobs completed, which are needed to complete higher level jobs. Also Mafia Wars “loot” can include items that are part of a 7 item ‘collection’. As the game progresses, a player will return to lower level jobs in an attempt to complete their collection of valuable artwork, or scultures, etc. In regard to this collection feature in Mafia Wars, they have a gifting option. Using the gifting feature, a player can post a ‘wish list’ for collection or loot items they need, and other family members can gift to them extra items they may have.
While Mobs Wars recently added “loot”, it is unclear of the value of earned loot or how they might add to the play at this point.
5. Earning ‘Achievements’ is a feature unique to Mafia Wars: In Mafia Wars: In addition to all the other game goals, a Mafia Wars player also has various achievements to shoot for. For instance, “Personal Bailout” is an achievement earned by depositing $1billion into the bank, and “Collector” is an earned achievement for vaulting a collection set.
Areas of Neutrality and Differences between Mafia Wars and Mob Wars Games:
1. Fighting – Both games have good features: Mob Wars recently upgraded their fighting section. A player can attack another mobster with different levels of force (1 through 6), the benefit to this is that a player with less members can win against a larger Mob. It also provides information on the stamina level of each player before attacking and whether they are online or not.
In Mafia Wars a player can either fight or ‘rob’ another mob family. It’s harder to win a fight against a mob with a larger number of mobsters in Mafia Wars. But when robbing, the player can choose a specific property to rob. If successful, the robbery money is fairly substantial and damage is done to the other player’s property, reducing the other player’s income potential.
There are more options for fighting in Mafia Wars, therefore, many players may consider this aspect of the Mafia Wars game more interesting, but the ability to apply increased force toward larger mobs in Mob Wars is a nice feature for mobs that are smaller.
2. Properties – Both games have nice features: When buying properties and earning income in Mafia Wars there is more involvement. For instance, a player has to watch over his properties to make sure another player hasn’t done damage to them during a robbery, which would mean less income. Also, each property can be insured against damage by a a good chunk of cashola.
In Mob Wars, players unlock new cities in which to buy properties at higher levels. The first level is New York, the next Chicago, then London, etc. Unlocking a new city requires reaching a certain level and income per hour. This feature adds interest to the overall game.
Both Mafia Wars and Mob Wars are addicting, fun games to play, but based on the overall interest level and pure fun factor, Mafia Wars offers players more play time, game features, opportunities for mafia members to interact with one another, and goals to shoot for. Cheats and strategy tips are available for both Mob Wars and Mafia Wars, plus players can sign up to strategy forums at various sites.
Play both games and decide for yourself which is better!
Mafia Wars Loot Guide