Mother’s Day will be celebrated on Sunday May 10, 2009. What will you do to make your Mother feel special and appreciated? Send flowers? Maybe write in a greeting card? This year, why not give her the best gift of all, your time.
There’s not anything more important to a Mother, then spending time with her child. If you’re all grown up, then she’ll enjoy your time even more. Whether you treat her to a night on the town, or plan a few Mother’s Day activities at home, you’ll greatly touch her heart by just being with her.
If you need a few ideas for Mother’s Day activities, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few absolutely free things you can do with Mom.
– Drag out the old photo albums and look through them together. Mom will really enjoy the trip down memory lane, and seeing old pictures from years past will really spark up fun conversation. It has been said that laughter is the best medicine, and what better way to get a good belly laugh, then to reminisce about the great times you shared, the trips you took, and the people you’ve met.
– Give Mom a homemade spa treatment. With products you can make yourself, Mom will feel special receiving a spa treatment designed just for her. The one on one alone time with you will mean so much to her, and knowing that you planned a day of pampering for her benefit will really make her day. Use the ideas and recipes here for the homemade treatments.
– Make Mom her favorite meal for Mother’s Day. Think back on all the times Mom cooked for you. Return the favor and treat Mom to a special meal prepared in her honor. Set the table with fresh flowers, and candles. These small additions will add a special flair to Mom’s usual day. Let Mom relax while you prepare her favorite meal, and don’t let her lift a finger! While you cook, allow her to sit back and relax, and enjoy the time to herself. There’s no doubt any mother would appreciate this Mother’s Day present.
If you think Mom would enjoy getting out of the house, then plan a few nice outdoor activities. It’s not necessary to spend a lot of money to have a great time together.
– Depending on where you live, strawberries may be coming in season. If you have a strawberry farm near you, take mom strawberry picking. This is a unique and fun way to spend a day, and with the berries you collect, you can make mom something special like a strawberry pie or strawberry shortcake. She’ll cherish the memory for years to come.
– It sounds cliché, but a picnic is always a nice way to spend the day. A picnic in the park, with fresh fruit and Mom’s favorite dish, will provide a healthy afternoon out and is a nice way to spend time together. Along with lunch, pack a Frisbee and toss it back and forth. Walk on a nearby natural trail, or search for wildflowers in an open field. Don’t forget to bring your camera to take pictures. You can then frame those pictures as an added gift.
– Take Mom fishing. Yes, some ladies actually like to fish. And if Mom has never done it, you may just be introducing her to something she’ll really enjoy. It’s always fun when you catch a fish for the first time, and if Mom’s an experienced fisherman, even better!
Being outdoors isn’t for everyone. If you don’t think Mom would enjoy the fresh air, then by all means…. Take her out! There are several things you can do that wont cost a lot of money.
– Brunch is very popular activity on Mother’s Day. Many restaurants create special dishes just for mom, and some even hand out flowers. Select a restaurant that advertises for Mother’s Day, as they will offer the best service and food for mom’s special day. Don’t rush through the meal. Remember the part about your time being the best gift!
– Many hair salons and spas offer Mother’s Day specials. Being pampered is something that every woman loves, and mom’s are no exception. Take mom out for a manicure or pedicure, or both. Some salons offer the option of dual service, so check into that. It would be special if you sitting right next to Mom and receiving the same service she is.
– This next idea involves the whole family. Get everyone together and have them meet at a local photography studio. Don’t let mom in on the secret! Have her dress nicely, and tell her you’re taking her out for a surprise. Imagine her reaction when you get to the studio and she sees everyone there dressed up! Then, have everyone pose for a nice family portrait and give mom a framed photo. This will be an excellent gift that she will admire every single day.
** To read more from this author, click here.