Preschoolers love making things and also love making gifts for their Moms. If you are looking for fun and entertaining Mother’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers, here you will find a nice selection of Mother’s Day crafts that are easy and cute. Years ago I worked in a daycare and was the preschool teacher, I did many crafts with the preschoolers and these 3 Mothers Day Crafts are some of my favorites.
Preschoolers love putting things on a string and Moms love necklaces so this is one of my favorite Mothers Day crafts, the preschoolers enjoy giving the necklace and Moms loves receiving it.
Large Pasta Tube Noodles (that string could be put through)
String or yarn
Acrylic Paint (optional)
Make a large knot in one end of the string/yarn or hold the end of the string/yarn, then let your preschooler thread the noodles on the string. When he or she is done, just tie the two pieces of string together and the necklace is ready to be worn. You can also add color to the pasta necklace by painting the individual noodles with acrylic paint. Allow time to dry if necklace is painted.
Crayon Sun Catcher
This Mothers Day craft turns out beautiful but requires the adult to do a large majority of the work for the project.
1. Grade the crayon pieces with an old cheese grater.
2. Put the colors into a little pile so there is a nice mixture of colors.
3. Cut two large heart shapes or flower shapes out of wax paper (any shape is really okay).
4. Let the preschooler sprinkle the crayon shavings on one of the pieces of wax paper. When he or she is done, cover it with the other piece of wax paper.
5. Put an old towel on the ironing board and carefully transfer the wax paper crayon sandwich on the ironing board. The iron should be on medium high without the steam. Add another towel on top of the wax paper and iron slowly over it several times until the crayon shavings are melted.
6. Allow the sun catcher to cool.
7. Then sew a simple stitch using yarn all around the sun catcher to make the sun catcher a little more stronger.
8. Sew a loop through the sun catcher for hanging.
Cotton Ball Painting
This one is a little messy but preschoolers love it and Moms love receiving art work from their little ones.
Lay large paper out and allow the preschooler to carefully dip the cotton balls in to trays of paint and then press the cotton balls on to the paper so that a paint dot is formed. Numerous paint dots of different colors make a wonderful and appealing design.
Mother’s Day crafts for preschoolers are so much fun for everyone involved, the little ones feel a sense of contributing a gift to Mom and Mom is the recipient of a wonderful handmade gift.
Self-experiencesMothers Day Crafts for Preschoolershttp://www.associatedcontent.com/article/754377/where_to_find_free_mothers_day_coloring.html?cat=4