In the United States, the most watched auto racing series is The Nationwide Series featuring many well-known drivers. Since 2008, Nationwide Insurance, the official auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance partner of NASCAR, has been the title sponsor of the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
Here is the list of this year’s top Busch series drivers.
1. Justin Allgaier : Justin Allgaier is an American stock car driver and the defending champion of ARCA RE/MAX Series. This year he is ranked 9 with 1089 points, Avg. Start of 21.8, Avg. Finish of 18.8 and 10 starts. In the NASCAR Nationwide Series, he is driving the #12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger for Penske Racing as he is the development driver for Penske Racing.
2. Michael Annett : Michael Annett has two career victories in the ARCA RE/MAX Series. He is an American racecar developmental driver for Bill Davis Racing. This year he is ranked 16 with 941 points, Avg. Start of 26.5, Avg. Finish of 23.2 and 10 starts. He is driving the #15 Pilot Travel Centers Toyota for Germain Racing.
3. Justin Ashburn : Justin Ashburn is ranked 83 this year with Avg. Start of 41.0, Avg. Finish of 41.0, 4- points and 1 starts. He is driving the # 85 31-W Insulation’s Chevrolet for JT Promotions.
4. Casey Lee Atwood : Casey Lee Atwood began racing in NASCAR as a teenager. He is an American race car driver who is ranked 33 this year with 560 points, Avg. Start of 27.1, Avg. Finish of 31.0 and 8 starts. He is driving the # 05 31-W Insulation’s Chevrolet for Day Enterprises Motorsports.
5. Michael Bliss : Michael Bliss who began racing at age 10, is a NASCAR driver. He got his first major victory in 1993 USAC Silver Crown National Championship. This year in the Nationwide Series, he is currently driving the #1 Miccosukee Indian Gaming Chevrolet for Phoenix Racing. He is ranked 13 with 1044 points, with Avg. Start of 15.1, Avg. Finish of 20.2 and 10 Starts.
6. John Borneman III : John Borneman III is from Ramona, CA and is ranked 59 with 158 points, Avg. Start of 29.0, Avg. Finish of 28.0 and 2 Starts. He is driving Twisted X Boots/Borneman Plastering/Red Line Oil’s Ford for Borneman Motorsports.
7. Jeffrey Brian Burton : Jeffrey Brian Burton began driving in the Busch Series in 1988 in car number 69, which was owned by his father John Burton. Also called as ‘JB’, he is a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver. He is ranked 26 with 751 points, Avg. Start of 13.0, Avg. Finish of 13.8 and 6 Starts. He currently drives the #31 Caterpillar Chevrolet Impala for Richard Childress Racing.
8. Kyle Thomas Busch : Kyle Thomas Busch has the record for most wins which is 21, in a season between the three series. He is an American race car driver who is ranked 1 with 1539 points, Avg. Start of 4.6, Avg. Finish of 9.0 and 10 Starts. He is currently driving #51 Miccosukee Resorts / NOS Energy Drink Toyota Tundra for Billy Ballew Motorsports in the Craftsman Truck Series, in the Sprint Cup Series #18 M&M’s Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing, in the Nationwide Series #92 Zippo Blu Toyota Camry for D’Hondt Motorsports and the #18 and #20 Z-Line Designs Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing.
9. Patrick Carpentier : Patrick Carpentier best known for his career in the IndyCar Series and the Champ Car World Series. He is an Canadian race car driver who is ranked 69 with 112 points, Avg. Start of 23.0, Avg. Finish of 17.0 and 1 Starts. He is currently driving # 07 PMCLife.com Toyota for SK Motorsports.
10. Johnny Chapman : Johnny Chapman is ranked 52 this year with 262 points, Avg. Start of 35.4, Avg. Finish of 41.8 and 7 Starts. He is driving #90 MSRP Motorsports Chevrolet for MSRP Motorsports.