More and more, people are looking to remain in their own homes as long as possible. A home care nursing business provides many things to make that a possibility. My first hand tips can guide you to start that business in this down economy.
A business person has to have a desire to succeed in any economy. Home nursing business is no exception along with other requirements as well. Let’s first, take a look at why this business is such a sound idea in today’s economy.
1. People will always need care either short or long term for various ailments.
2. Some people do not have friends or family near by that can care for all the needs after a health care provider states there are needs to be met.
3. Some insurance companies provide coverage for a specific length of time for home nursing care after hospitalization.
4. State regulations can be met by hiring skilled professionals to provide specific health care needs of clients.
5. Most doctors agree people in their own environment heal quicker and are more comfortable during treatment.
Now you know the need is a real one. Furthermore, look at what a person needs, to actually start such a home care nursing business.
1. An impeccable personal back ground record. This means anything that might have occurred in their lifetime to cause concern for the safety of the patient. Even a little smear can be an indication a person is not suitable to be bonded if that is required.
2. Outstanding personal and business references back as far as possible and very current ones as well.
3. Drug free lifestyle, including prescription medicines that could interfere with the duties that might influence correct judgment during working hours.
4. A deep love for human kind regardless of any physical, mental, spiritual, racial, ethnic culture, political affiliation, sex, marital status or any other discovery uncovered. There is no room for bias against another human being if you are going to provide home nursing care for them.
5. Excellent personal health so the rigors of the job can be undertaken without strain on your physical body.
6. Absolute resolve to keep patient confidentiality always.
7. A ready and willing mental attitude to plan care for clients that will be gentle, worthy and reasonable regardless of the outcome, which is sometimes death.
1. High School Education
2. CPR/Heimlich for child and adult
3. Advanced life saving course achievement.
4. First aid certification
1. Depends on the state in which you intend to start your Home nursing business. Seek by on line search for your state that you will be opening your home nursing business.
2. Level of care provided to your clients will determine who has to be licensed in what capacity.
1. Bookkeeping skills for account information with the home nursing business
2. Some past people skills dealing with characters and personalities of various types.
3. Ability to interview and hire as well as fire employees for your home nursing business.
4. A monetary idea of payment expected along with the ability to collect funds when they are due from clients. Can be determined by the hour or the day as set by you.
5. Willingness to perform some household duties since this might be part of the care needed by a client.
How to start getting clients for your home care nursing business in this down economy can be done in many ways. Since you seek to assist others;
1. Your church or any social organization is a very good place to begin soliciting patients for in home care.
2. Talk to your neighbors, friends near by and relatives who might direct you to someone needing services.
3. Converse with other businesses in your area and inform them of your intentions while leaving your business card.
4. Seek out referrals from house keeping service people who might be cleaning for someone who needs your services.
5. Converse with people at your health care providers office, letting them know of your home care nursing business. Leave several business cards if they permit that to be done.
6. Put a small ad each week in your local paper advertising your home nursing business,
7. Make several trips to senior centers in your area, having some lunch with people. This is so they can get to know you and can be comfortable asking you if they or someone they know needs your services.
8. Hold an open house, at your home, for a social tea inviting people you know who work for doctor’s offices or places where many people are seen every day. This might include local super market clerks or anyone you think could promote your client numbers for your home nursing business.
Be open to hear all the possibilities since there are numerous to start a home nursing care business. Consider buying some home nursing care books from http://www.amazon.com to review some infomation to enhance your start up business ideas. There are direct web sites that can offer you free printable care plans to direct you to documented forms you can use in your home nursing business. One such site is http://www.ltcbooks.com
Another website will help you staff your home nursing care business by contacting them directly at: http://www.amnhealthcare.com