Men are constantly outdoors in the weather and need quality raincoats and rain jackets to protect them from the rain. The best rain jackets for men are durable, comfortable and waterproof. A man’s rain jacket should not only protect him from the elements but it should provide him with comfort and plenty of room to move freely during work, exercise or sports. Today men have a wide variety of rain jackets to choose from; however, below are some of the best men’s rain jackets that are currently offered by online retailers.
1. RedHead Squaltex Rain Jacket for Men is the perfect rain jacket for the outdoorsman. The jacket is lightweight, waterproof and windproof which is ideal for any man who is outdoors in the rain. Front zipper, attached visor hood and cargo pockets are a plus when hunting, fishing or just enduring the weather. The price range is $79.95 to $89.95 as of today.
2. Marmot is a well-known name in raincoats and they have one of the best rain jackets for men. The Marmot Rain Jacket for Men comes in three colors for $100 (although Sierra Trading Post has them for only $60 as of today). This excellent rain jacket is waterproof and has a hood for added protection. The PitZips ensure that this will be a comfortable garment to wear and help control body temperature. The draw cord hem allows you to snugly fit the jacket in adverse weather for more comfort and protection.
3. You can find one of the best rain jackets for men at Duluth Trading Co. The MN Helly Hansen Impertech Rain Jacket is one of the best on the market and is a fantastic deal for $75 to $85 (regular and tall/big respectively). This men’s rain jacket comes in nay and dark olive in sizes up to 3X (54-56). Helly Hansen has been manufacturing waterproof clothing for seamen for over 130 years and has a reputation for quality, performance and sturdiness. This rain jacket has a full front zipper with an additional snap-close storm flap for added protection from the rain and weather. The waterproof seam-sealed polyester fabric is coated with 16mm of polyurethane for durability and protection. Perfect raincoat for work or recreation.
4. The Barbour Linhope Jacket, available at Orvis for $579, is a stylish, designer men’s rain jacket that is perfect for the hard to buy for man on your list. J. Barbour & Sons have been making clothing since 1894 in England. They are known for quality and style as can be seen in this wonderful men’s rain jacket. The jacket is dark olive and comes in sizes small through 2XL. The two-way zippered front has a studded storm flap for style and protection. The hood is detachable and the microfleece collar is comfortable and warm. Large pockets give extra room for storing items while hiking or being outdoors. This is an exquisite raincoat for men and will surely be appreciated by any man.
5. When traveling, you need a lightweight but durable and waterproof raincoat. The Men’s TravelRite Jacket available from Magellan’s is perfect for travel. This men’s rain jacket comes in black or beige in sizes small through extra-large for $89 (although it is currently on sale today for $69). It has a zippered front with storm flap and adjustable cuffs for comfort. The material is waterproof but is lightweight and travels well. The hood and visor rolls up and stores in the collar for convenience, comfort and style. The entire rain jacket will fit into a back pocket and convert into a travel pillow. This is an ideal men’s rain jacket for travel.