If you are in Chicago and are thinking of going in support of gay pride month to support your gay and lesbian friends, these are some places where you would be able to celebrate in comfort. The following list is for the top ten gay clubs in Chicago, where showing your gay and lesbian pride is not an issue and you can be yourself.
The following ten clubs are being reviewed here to show you the most popular and best of Chicago Gay Clubs:
1. The Wild Pug- Described as what Oscar Wilde’s Club would be like if he were still alive. This is for those who want some ‘show’ in their club experience. It is very popular with the club visitors and has a high repeat attendance.
2. Club Krave- This club has a DJ and dancing along with Spanish theme nights and the always awesome Karaoke, what’s not to love? Music, great drinks and a nice place to hang out are the things that build this clubs reputation.
3. Sidetrack – This is a bar that caters mostly to males, and is said to have a fun seeking clientele. They have a sweet front patio and a roof top deck that holds 350 people. This club does extensive special events for charity. This is one place where you are able to show your pride, whether it be gay pride or just pride in being a good person who helps those less fortunate then you.
4. North End – The best sports bar for those of the non straight community. They have the bears, Bulls, Cubs, White Sox all the Chicago sports you sports nuts would want. And karaoke is on each night at 10.
5. Big Chicks – They take their name from a moniker for the owner, who got it while in India (the natives could not say her name, so they called her Big Chick) There are some beautiful pieces of artwork including nudes of women, gracing the inside of this club and making for a visual experience along with the dancing and friendship.
6. Berlin – This is the melting pot, where all can meet and hang together. Whether you are straight, gay or pink with yellow Nail polish you will fit in at Berlin.
7. Sofo – The name is for South of Foster, and red is the signature color here. You will be able to dance your darling hearts away in the neighborhood hangout; it is a mostly gay and lesbian crowd here. It has a darling beer patio out back.
8. Charlie’s Chicago – Love to do the Texas two step? This is the place for you. It is a predominantly gay make bar.
9. Roscoe’s Tavern – This is one of Chicago’s best know gay bars. It has six bars and a huge dance floor as well as an outdoor patio.
10. Hideaway – The Hideaway is the oldest gay bar in Chicago at 30 years old. It has two floors for hanging out or if you love to dance.
So this list will help you if you’re looking for some premium gay and lesbian clubs to show your gay pride off at in the Chicago area.