Music is as pertinent to a listener as the rain is to wild flora. Included here is a preview of the top 5 pop music album releases for fall of 2009. These are just a sample of some of the albums that are definitely worth listening to. Included is a brief overview of each album, release date, and why each album made my top 5.
- Air – Love 2. This album, slated for a release on Tuesday, October 6th, 2009, also has a single that is out on the internet, called ‘Do the Joy’. Air has released albums since 1998, and has composed songs for cinema, backdrops, and listeners of many different backgrounds. This album continues on in the Air legacy, with sounds for the fall that go above and beyond for the modern day listener. Http://www.aircheology.com for information regarding the single and the album.
- Pearl Jam – Backspacer. Pearl Jam has been around for over a decade, and this album certainly shows how they have evolved throughout the years, despite the changes made throughout their entire musical selection. Backspacer is due out Tuesday, September 22nd. I have listened to Pearl Jam’s ‘The Fixer’, and their lively music has made my top 5 pop music album releases for fall list.
- The Wrens – Title To Be Announced. Set for an album release this fall 2009, the title has yet to be announced. I backtracked to some of their previous songs, such as ‘Happy’. With that, here they are at the top of anticipated pop music releases for the fall of 2009. Their first album was released in 1996, and this next release should show just how far they’ve come along musically.
- Mika – We are Golden. Seeing an article on Reuters, I headed over to http://www.mikasounds.com. After listening to some samples, I decided to put this album as one of the top 5 for pop music in the fall of 2009. This album is scheduled for release Tuesday, September 22nd, and has a great variety of instruments, including piano, and chorus. It’s very difficult to understand the description without giving this music a listen, so don’t be shy and head over to http://www.mikasounds.com for an idea of what good music is.
- Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Break Up. With a scheduled release of Tuesday, September 8th, 2009, this album includes pop by the barrel full. This album seems to have a ring to it that will keep the fall season chummy. With Pete Yorn, who performed ‘Young Folks’, and Scarlett Johansson, who has also pursued her own musical career, this seems to portend to an album that beckons and croons to the listener. http://www.breakupalbum.com/ for additional information.