Best premiers of summer 2009
Want to know what the best shows of the summer are going to be? Looking for a family show? Or a show to watch by yourself? In this article I take a look at the best premiers of the summer. The shows on the list start on May 25, 2009; or there after. There are only five shows on the list. The shows that make us laugh. The shows that make us cry. The shows that make us want to achieve our dreams. The shows that make us want to look amazing. The shows that start conversations. The shows that are bringing family back together. These are the best of the best! These are the best premiers of summer 2009!
5) Wipeout! This hit ABC show is back on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 8pm. The new season will feature new obstacles such as: Hurtles and Sweeper Gyro. Wipeout is sure to give us a laugh that makes us Wipeout! For now, Wipeout can rest at number five (5) on our list of the best summer premiers of 2009!
4) America’s Got Talent! The British version of Got Talent has made celebrities such as: Susan Boyle. The sensation is back in America June 23, 2009 on NBC at 9 pm. America’s Got Talent has a new talented host in Nick Cannon. Nick started out on Nickelodeon, moving his way to radio and movies. On June 23rd judges will cry; America will give standing ovations as American talent is showcased on America’s Got Talent! America’s Got Talent at number four (4) on our list of the best premiers of the summer 2009!
3) What Not To Wear! Yes, the fashionistas are back! The new season starts Friday, May 29, 2009 on TLC at 9 pm. On the premier episode, the show’s hosts Stacey and Clinton (for the fist time in series history) nominate a person to be on their show. If you grew up in the nineties, or had kids who grew up in the nineties you will recognize the nominee: Mayim Bialiks a.k.a Blossom! Over fourteen years after Blossom went off-the-air, Mayim is still wearing the trend – setting clothes of the nineties including the flowered hat. Stacey and Clinton try to bring Mayim (now a mother) into the new millennium. Will Mayim be able to let go of the clothes that helped make her a star? Watch TLC on Friday, May 29, 2009 at 9 pm to see. For now, Mayim has helped What Not To Wear, “Blossom“ to number three (3) on the list of best summer premiers of 2009!
2) The Secret Life Of the American Teenager! Writer and Creator Brenda Hampton went from the hit show, 7th Heaven to the groundbreaking, make you talk show: The Secret Life Of The American Teenager. The stories on The Secret Life Of The American Teenager are based on those of teenagers today. Parents, if you’re not watching the show that teenagers and young adults love–I would advise you to start. This show is sure to be a conversation starting. It is very eye-opening on the life of American Teenagers today. In the season premier June 22, 2009 on ABCFamily, the lead character Amy (played by Shailene Woodley) brings home her new-born baby boy, embarking on a new life as mother. She will only be a sophomore in high school, is spiritually married to “The love of her life,” Ben and the father is another boy, Ricky. It is not a secret why The Secret Life Of The American Teenager has landed at number two (2) on our countdown of the best summer premiers of 2009!
1) Jon and Kate Plus 8! The family that millions have watched since May 10, 2004–the day the sextuplets were born–is back. The first season started back in 2007 and now millions are wondering if the fifth season (premiering Monday, May 25, 2009 on TLC at 9pm) will be the final season. Recent controversy–which I have chosen not to write about–have the millions who have seen every episode wondering what the new season will bring. The recent controversy that has shown up on most entertainment media sites, has also brought new interest to the show. Millions more will be watching. In the season premier, Jon and Kate Gosselin talk about the recent controversy surrounding their life. The kicker–they do Not do their interviews together. Also on the premier, the sextuplets celebrate their fifth birthday with a huge birthday bash. TLC’s already number one (1) hit show Jon and Kate Plus 8, is sure to be the number one (1) premier of summer 2009!
***** Important Notes:Viewer Discretion is Advised for The Secret Life Of The American Teenager
Parts of the premier episode of Jon and Kate Plus 8 may NOT be suitable for kids. It is really the call of the parents.
*All times for the premiers are eastern time*