Your wedding is one of the most memorable experiences of your adult life. Whether you’re planning an inexpensive, low key wedding or a huge star-studded event, there are many options in the Fort Lauderdale area to do it.
These top 5 picks are not only popular, but beautiful and can accommodate most reasonable budgets.
1. The Bonnet House Museum & Gardens
A local hot spot for area weddings, The Bonnet House was one of the first buildings along Fort Lauderdale beach. The land was purchased in 1895 by Hugh Taylor Birch, who found records of human presence on the land dating back to 2,000 BC. The history of The Bonnet House basically started when Birch gave the property to his daughter as a wedding gift in 1919, and within a year the newlyweds had constructed the house on the property. Skipping ahead some 60 years, the house was given to Florida Trust for Historic Preservation in 1983 and has been preserved since for guests to enjoy and visit.
As a marital ode, The Bonnet House is a lovely place to commensurate your nuptials. The gardens are made up of 5 distinct eco systems and are home to one of the largest orchid collections in the south east United States. They offer rental prices ranging from $2,500 to $7,000, depending on the size of your event and how long you’d like it to be, with exclusive use of the whole property for your rental time. They also throw in a few extras, like a hostess and a bridal assistant. If you’re planning a June – August wedding, they offer 30% discounts on the regular pricing. You can find more information by visiting their website at http://www.bonnethouse.org.
2. A fun and exciting wedding reception on a yacht is a unique and memorable affair. Most yacht charters include a uniformed captain to preform the ceremony, which will precede hours of cruising, entertainment, drinks and dining. There are so many different packages to choose from, to accommodate as many as 150 people on some yachts.
You can choose lavish menus serving prime rib and fresh pecan crusted sea bass including only and all top shelf open bars and a uniquely designed wedding cake, or you can choose buffet style dining with average liquors, beers and wines for a more moderately priced event. Packages usually range from $30 to $100 per guest, but quotes can be personalized based on your affair. Some popular yacht fleets include Sun Dream Yachts, viewed here and the Anticipation fleet.
3. Having a wedding on beautiful Fort Lauderdale beach is a wonderful and very cost effective option. It doesn’t cost any money to get married on Fort Lauderdale Beach and you don’t need to pull permits or make reservations. You can host up to 50 guests for your service, and can bring your own chairs and bridal arch (which can’t be staked into the ground, only sand bagged for support). You can also play music as long as its not too loud. For your reception, you could consider reservations at one of the Fort Lauderdale beaches’ local restaurants, depending on your desires. This method requires little planning, as you only have to book chair and arch rentals, someone to marry you, and make reservations. For a smaller crowd, it’s also a little bit more cost effective because you aren’t over providing for the group. For more information on a beach wedding and other parks to get married at in Fort Lauderdale, visit the city of Fort Lauderdale here.
4. Looking for a location that’s different, visually stimulating and memorable for you and all of your guests? Look no further– the IGFA Fishing Hall of fame in Fort Lauderdale offers event venue rentals for wedding parties. The event hall is huge and can accommodate up to 400 people. You can plan for open bar service and caterers in the outside areas and provide entertainment within the great hall, while utilizing the wondrous exhibits within the museum. A perfect wedding venue for the sport fishermen at heart, and pricing generally starts at $2000. For more information on exact pricing and information, you can contact a venue specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The biggest attractions in Fort Lauderdale, other than the beaches, are the beautiful Vegas-style casinos. Hollywood’s Hard Rock Hotel & Casinos offer lavish wedding receptions with all of the trimmings, an atmosphere for a fantastic evening, and accommodations for the bride, groom, and all of the guests at special rates. For an all inclusive experience with little to no hassle, this would easily be your best bet. I’m not sure what the rates are, but you can download a pdf of the traditional wedding menu here and you can contact the event booking coordinator at 800-937-0156.